- 1 large parsnip (4 to 5 ounces), peeled
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut paper-thin strips lengthwise from top to bottom of the parsnip, turning it as you work, making about 40 strips, about 10 strips per serving.
- Heat 4 inches of oil in a large pot or electric fryer to 360ºF.
- Drop the strips, all at one time, into the hot oil. Be very careful as the hot oil may splatter. Using a slotted spoon or spatula, gently stir the strips around in the oil until golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Divide into four equal portions and stack on top of each tuna steak.
Peasant Style Tuna With Meat Juices And Fried Parsnips
Collard and Mustard Greens in Ham Hock Gravy
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Fried Quail Eggs
Spicy Crab Cakes With Fried Quail Eggs
Truffle Potato Soup With Truffle Mushroom Dumplings And Fried Parsley
Creamed Potatoes With Spinach And Roasted Garlic
Roasted Fennel and Green Bean Relish