- 1 large red pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup picked parsley leaves
- 1 cup picked cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound green beans, blanched to crisp-tender
- Place the red pepper, parsley, cilantro and walnuts in the work bowl of the food processor. Blend until smooth. Add the cheese, blend to incorporate. With the machine still running, slowly add the olive oil and process for 30 seconds. Remove from bowl and season. Drop the cooked beans in the water bath to reheat. Place the beans in a mixing bowl and add the pesto. Toss and season.
- Serve in a large pretty bowl.