- 1 pound Creole or beefsteak tomatoes, 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound zucchini, 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mild herbs (basil, chervil, tarragon, etc.)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat the oven 400° F. Lightly grease four individual gratin dishes with some of the olive oil.
Season each slice of the tomatoes and zucchini with salt, pepper, and drizzle lightly with some of the olive oil.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, herbs, cheese and remaining olive oil. Mix thoroughly. Season the bread crumbs with salt and pepper.
Arrange the tomatoes and zucchini in each gratin dish, alternating slices of the tomatoes and zucchini in overlapping fashion. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the top the vegetables. Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crispy. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.