- 6 Ida Red apples, peeled, thickly sliced
- 6 pork chops
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons catsup
- Company pork chops is a recipe from a friend. It is a treat and special enough, as the name implies, for entertaining. Serve it with a rice medley and a green vegetable.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking dish with enough foil to overlap the casserole and seal. Arrange the apple slices in a single layer in the prepared dish. Brown the pork chops in the butter in a skillet. Arrange over the apples. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and spread with the catsup. Fold the foil over the pork chops, sealing with a double fold. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until the pork chops and apples are tender. Serve immediately.
- Recipe pulled from "The Dexter Cider Mill Apple Cookbook" by Katherine Merkel Koziski.