- For Port Wine Reduction
- 1 quart Port Wine
- 1 cup chopped basic mirepoix
- 1 cup crumbled Maytag Blue Cheese
- 1 cup chopped roasted walnuts
- 4 poached pears, cored from the bottom leaving the stem intact
- 2 prepared puff pastry sheets 8 x 10 inches, split in half
- Egg wash--1 egg mixed with 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup roasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup snipped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For Port Wine Reduction: Combine the port with the mirepoix and reduce by 2/3 to a syrup consistency,about 6 to 8 minutes.
- For stuffed pears: Combine the blue cheese and walnuts together. Stuff each pear with 1/4 of the mixture. Place a pear in the center of the halved puff pastry sheet and wrap like a bundle, trimming any excess, thus leaving the shape of the pear evident. Brush each pear with the egg wash and bake until golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- To assemble, place the pear in the center of the plate, drizzle with the Port Wine Reduction, sprinkle with the walnuts and chives.
Seared Duck Breast With Pear And Dried Cherry Compote With Shallot Reduction
Pan Roasted Filet Mignon Stuffed With English Stilton Served With Potato Walnut Confit And Port Wine Reduction
Poached Pears In Vanilla And Champagne
Jill's Fresh Pear And Maytag Farms Blue Cheese Salad With A Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette
Poached Pears With Port Syrup And Blue Cheese
Canape Of Maytag Blue Cheese And Roasted Walnuts With A Caramelized Onion And Apple Relish
Blue Cheese Cheesecake With Baby Greens, Candied Walnuts And A Pear Vinaigrette
Arugula, Radicchio, Endive, Roasted Walnut and Maytag Blue Cheese Salad
Puff Pastry Wrapped Salmon And Watercress Mousse With Champagne Chive Butter Sauce
Savory Mini Blue Cheese Cakes With Port Reduction