- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 large Idaho potato, peeled
- 1 small truffle
- In a small bowl combine sour cream and cilantro; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a deep skillet heat about 1/2-inch oil over medium heat to 360 degrees F. Using a mandoline or ridged slicer on a box grater, cut potato into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick waffled slices. Do not rinse. If moist pat off excess moisture from slices with paper towels. Fry potato slices, a few at a time, turning once or twice, until tender and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels; season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, dab some sour cream mixture on a pretty plate and top with a potato slice. Build a tower, alternating potato slices and sour cream mixture, to desired height. Use a truffle slicer or other shaving device to shave truffles on top.
Gaufrette Potatoes Topped With Cilantro Cream
New Potatoes With Grated Truffles
Roasted Squab With Poached Garlic, Garlic Cream Potatoes And Vinegar Meat Jus
Potato Gaufrettes With Lobster Ravigote
Potato Gaufrettes With Lobster Remoulade
Ice Cream With Fig Compote Topping
Cilantro Potato Salad
Beef Flautas With Black Bean Puree, Roasted Pepper Salsa And Cilantro Cream
Salmon With Cilantro Potato Salad
Creamed Potatoes With Spinach And Roasted Garlic