- 2 cups mixed fresh berries, rinsed (such as strawberries, blueberries and raspberries) halved if necessary
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut in small pieces
- About 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl toss berries with sugar and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Using your fingers, rub in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Add just enough milk for dough to come together. Divide into 4 pieces and shape each into a nice round biscuit. Transfer biscuits to a parchment- or waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes, until tops are golden and bottoms are lightly browned. Split hot biscuits and spoon berries on bottom halves. Top berries with a dollop of whipped cream and replace biscuit top. Serve immediately, garnished with mint.