- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 cups oysters with their liquor
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350º F. Generously oil a medium baking dish.
In a large skillet heat oil over medium-heat and add onion, green pepper and celery and saute, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer. Lower the heat and fold in bread cubes, oysters and their liquor, and broth until moistened. Add green onions, parsley, Creole seasoning, and hot pepper sauce.Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pour dressing into baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer, until golden brown and crispy on top.
Andouille Cornbread Dressing
Emeril's Crawfish Pie
Baked Oysters with Braised Leeks and Tasso Hollandaise
Oyster Rockefeller Soup Garnished with Crispy Bacon and Fried Oysters
Emeril's Classic Seafood Gumbo
Crawfish Cakes With Crawfish Cream