- 2 pounds medium-large shrimp in their shells, about 42 shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Creole Seasoning, in all
- 16 turns freshly ground black pepper, in all
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, in all
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 lemons, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 mini Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Peel the shrimp, leaving only their tails attached. Reserve the shells, sprinkle the shrimp with 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning and 8 turns of the black pepper. Use your hands to coat the shrimp with the seasonings. Refrigerate the shrimp while you make the sauce base and biscuits.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic and sautÈ for 1 minute. Add the reserved shrimp shells, the remaining 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning, the bay leaves, lemons, water, Worcestershire, wine, salt, and the remaining 8 turns black pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat, allow to cool for about 15 minutes, and strain into a small saucepan. There should be about 1 1/2 cups. Place over high heat, bring to a boil, and cook until thick, syrupy, and dark brown, for about 15 minutes. Makes about 4 to 5 tablespoons of barbecue sauce base.
- Prepare the Buttermilk Biscuits, and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the seasoned shrimp and sautÈ them, occasionally shaking the skillet for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and all of the barbecue base. Stir and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp to a warm platter with tongs and whisk the butter in the sauce. Remove the from the heat. Makes about 2 cups.
- To serve 4, allow 1/2 cup of sauce, about 10 shrimp, and 3 biscuits each; for 6 servings, 1/3 cup sauce, about 7 shrimp and 2 biscuits.
Andre's Barbecued Shrimp And Homemade Biscuits
Fried Oysters With Horseradish Cream And Tomato-corn Salsa
Venison Tenderloin With Peppers And Zinfandel Sauce
Corinne Dunbar's Oyster-artichoke Casserole
Christmas Duck, Brazilian Style (pato Do Natal)
Oven Roasted Stuffed Quails
Dill Coated Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Tefft Cellars Merlot
Oysters On The Half Shell With Asian Dipping Sauce And Bookwalter Riesling
Asparagus, Goat Cheese And Walnut Salad With Hogue Sauvignon Blanc
Baked Fish With Lemon And Laurel Leaves