- 1 teaspoon plus 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 recipe Chocolate Icing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 17 by 12-inch baking pan with 1 teaspoon of the shortening. In a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt the remaining 1 cup shortening. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Add the sugar and blend. Add the eggs 1 at a time, whisking after each addition. Add the water and vanilla and whisk to mix well. Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt and stir to blend. Fold in the walnuts and chopped chocolate, then spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake until the cake springs back when touched, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes. Spread the icing over the cake with a rubber spatula. Let cool completely before cutting into squares to serve.
- Slice and serve individual pieces on a large platter.
Triple Chocolate Brownies with a Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
Emeril's White Chocolate Chip Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches With Marshmallow Icing
Microwave Double Chocolate Brownies With Sweetened Whipped Cream
Mr. Lou's Chocolate Brownie And Coffee Ice Cream Sandwich
Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning
Garlic Meatball Po'boys
Grilled Marinated Quail With Smothered Field Peas
Strawberry Banana Chocolate Brownies Trifles With Vanilla Pudding