- 1 cup sliced fresh white mushrooms (or use oyster mushrooms, yum!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (green part only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 6 to 8 freshly shucked oysters, depending on size, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- Dash of dry sherry
- One steak of choice per person. Preparation is for each steak. While the steaks are grilling, cook the mushrooms in the butter for a minute or so, until they are just slightly soft. Add the green onions and parsley, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the oysters and the rest of the ingredients and cook just until the edges of the oysters curl. Top each steak with the mixture.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and a tossed green salad.