- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, finely chopped, stems and seeds
- 2 fresh poblano peppers, finely chopped, stems and seeds
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds sirloin beef, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 long Melissa's Sugar Cane Swizzle Stix, Metal skewers or long bamboo skewers (soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 1 hour)
In a sauce pan, combine the olive oil, peppers, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer the sauce for 4 minutes and remove from the heat. Stir in the garlic. With a hand held mixer, puree the sauce until smooth. Stir in teh cilantro and kosher salt. Transfer the sauce to a nonreactive contianer and refrigerate it for up to 1 week.
Marinate the sliced beef in 1 cup of the piri piri in the refrigerator for 4 hours and up to overnight.
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Remove the beef from the marinade and reserve for basting. Thread the strips onto the swizzle sticks or skewers. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, basting often with the piri piri.
Place the remaining piri piri in a saucepan and bring up to a boil. Remove from the heat. Place the skewers on a platter and drizzle with the piri piri. Garnish with chopped cilantro.