- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the avocado with the onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and mash with the back of a fork until mostly smooth.
- Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap (pressed directly onto the surface of the guacamole) and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.