- 2 large jalapenos
- 3 poblano peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, about 2 limes
- Roast the jalapenos and poblano peppers by setting them directly over the flame of a gas burner* set on high, and cook, in batches and turning as necessary, until blackened on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer the peppers to a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap, allowing them to steam.
- Once the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove and discard the stems, the skin and most of the seeds (by just running your fingers over the pepper).
- Add the roasted peppers, salt and lime juice to a blender and puree until smooth.
- The green chili sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- *Note: if you don’t have a gas stove, you can roast peppers in the oven: Toss them in 1 teaspoon oil, place them on a baking sheet, and roast at 450 degrees F until blackened on all sides, turning them as necessary.