- One 1 3/4-pound flank steak
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc nam), or to taste
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion tops
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, finely julienned
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons crushed roasted peanuts, for garnish
- Season flank steak on both sides with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. In a bowl, whisk olive oil, Worcestershire, fish sauce, lime juice, green onions, shallots, cilantro, mint, sugar, and crushed red pepper. Place steak in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag with half the marinade and seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill or broiler to medium-high.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Grill or broil steak for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes. Thinly slice steak against the grain, reserving any accumulated juices.
- In another mixing bowl, combine cabbages, carrots, and cucumber with remaining marinade. Toss well and arrange on a platter. Arrange steak slices on top of cabbage. Garnish with crushed peanuts and serve immediately.
Pan-seared Halibut In A Miso Broth With Enoki Mushrooms, Edamame, And Pea Sprouts
Spicy Thai-style Pineapple Wraps
Apple Cider-braised Chicken And Cabbage
Grilled Flat-iron Steak With Avocado, Tomato, And Red Onion Salad
Espresso And Cocoa Rubbed Flank Steak With A Citrus And Plum Salad
Spanish Mackerel With A Spinach And Chickpea Salad And Tomato Vinaigrette
Beef And Soba Noodles