- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion tops
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 cups cooked long or medium-grain white rice
- 2 1/4 cup chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for sprinkling and garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and pork, and cook until browned, stirring with a heavy wooden spoon to break up lumps, about 6 minutes. Add onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, green onion, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Add rice and 1/4 cup chicken stock, Worcestershire, and Parmigiano, and stir well. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and sprinkle Parmigiano over the top. Place in oven and bake until top is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with additional Parmigiano and serve.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Holiday Sides
Mr. John's Meatloaf
Wild Rice, Sausage, and Apple Dressing
A Melange Of Roasted Root Vegetables
Cherie's Cornbread Stuffing
Steamed Brussels Sprouts
Broccoli With Seriously Cheesy Sauce
Stewed Butternut Squash With Apples And Smoked Bacon
Mr. John's Spare Ribs With Garlic Mashed Potatoes