- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon preserved lemon juice, from Preserved Lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 3 to 4 large tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon preserving brine from Preserved Lemons
- 1/4 cup finely chopped preserved lemon rind from Preserved Lemons
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed, cored, and quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, preserved lemon juice, and cumin seeds. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until it is all incorporated. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place tomato wedges in a separate bowl. Season the tomatoes with the preserving brine, and additional salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add the chopped lemon rind, cilantro, parsley, and red onions, tossing to coat well. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Drizzle a small amount of the dressing over the tomato mixture and toss to combine.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 salad plates. Top with equal amounts of the tomato mixture and drizzle with additional dressing, if desired. Serve immediately.
Moroccan Yogurt With Preserved Lemon Dip
Harira: Moroccan Chickpea Stew With Chicken And Lentils
Moroccan Lamb Tagine With Honey And Apricots
Moroccan Mint Tea
Moroccan Vegetable Couscous
Arugula Stuffed Fried Vidalia Onion Ring Salad With Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
Baby Romaine Stuffed Vidalia Onion Ring Salad With Lemon-herb Vinaigrette
Tagine Of Chicken With Preserved Lemons And Cerignola Olives
Pine Nut And Preserved Lemon Couscous