- 6 large pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Ruby Port
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the pear slices with the lemon juice. Add 1 tablespoon flour, the sugar, and port, and toss to combine. Arrange in the prepared dish. In a bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup flour, finely chopped walnuts, brown sugar and salt. Add the butter, working in with your fingertips until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the pear mixture. Bake until the pears are tender, the juices bubble, and the crust is golden, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Cook until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Pear, Stilton, And Walnut Souffles With Pear Compote
Blue Cheese Cheesecake With Baby Greens, Candied Walnuts And A Pear Vinaigrette
Jill's Fresh Pear And Maytag Farms Blue Cheese Salad With A Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette
Poached Pears Stuffed With Maytag Blue Cheese And Roasted Walnuts Wrapped In Puff Pastry With Port Wine Reduction Sauce
Apple, Pear, And Raspberry Stew With Oatmeal Dumplings
Emeril's Chili Over Crispy Potatoes And Crumbled Blue Cheese
Poached Pears With Port Syrup And Blue Cheese
Blue Cheese Pear Ice Cream
Blue Cheese And Brie Quesadillas With A Pear And Brown Sugar Compote
Canape Of Maytag Blue Cheese And Roasted Walnuts With A Caramelized Onion And Apple Relish