- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups baby arugula, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large loaf French bread, halved lengthwise and lightly toasted
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, Essence, 1/2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and spread evenly over the tenderloin. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tenderloin and sear on all sides. Transfer to the oven and roast for 25 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the tenderloin into thin slices.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and whisk to blend. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, toss the arugula with the olive oil.
- Generously spread both sides of the French bread with the horseradish mayonnaise. Top one slice with the sliced roast beef, tomato slices, arugula, and cheese shavings. Top with the remaining slice of bread and press down to close. Slice crosswise into individual sandwiches, and serve.
Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches With Horseradish Spread
Beef Tenderloin With Fresh Horseradish And Black Pepper Crust
Sausage Meatballs With Red Gravy
Roasted Beets With Pistachio-goat Cheese Spread On Sourdough
Braised Brisket Of Beef With Horseradish Sauce
Blue Cheese Butter Spread, And Blue Cheese Butter Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Butter Infused Pan Sauce
Crab Boiled Country Style Pork Ribs
Next Day Sausage Meatballs Po-boys
Roast Beef, Arugula, And Blue Cheese Sandwiches On Homemade Rosemary Focaccia Bread With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dressing
Roasted Stuffed Pork Tenderloin With Smothered Black Eyed Peas