- 6 large Idaho potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups freshly grated extra-sharp white Cheddar (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or as needed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 2 cups Duck Confit or
- cooked duck meat torn into bite-size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Rub the potatoes with the olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Put the potatoes on a heavy baking sheet and bake until fork-tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool until easy to handle (leave the oven on).
- Cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out the pulp with a melon baller or small spoon, leaving a 1/4-inch border of potato pulp next to the skin, and put the pulp in a large mixing bowl. Return the potato shells to the baking sheet.
- Mash the potato pulp with a fork. Add 1 cup of the cheese, the green onions, heavy cream, sour cream, butter, garlic, and truffle oil. Stir and mash until smooth. Fold in the confit and season with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add more cream if the mixture is too dry.
- Stuff the potato shells with the potato mixture and sprinkle each with a few tablespoons of the remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake until the cheese on top is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Spicy Duck Empanadas With Cilantro Cream
Sweet Potato And Duck Chowder
Panfried Catfish With Warm Andouille Potato Salad And Grown Up Tartar Sauce
Potato Soup With Salt Cod Fritters
Spiced Baked Ham With Sweet Potatoes
The King's Creole Fried Pork Chops With Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Southern Cooked Greens
Crispy Confit Of Duck And Yukon Gold Potatoes With Braised Spinach, Shaved Truffles, Truffle Emulsion And White Truffle Oil
Barbecued Oysters With Rosemary Biscuits
Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Corn Remoulade