- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pint Chicory Coffee Ice Cream, softened
- 1 pint Creole Cream Cheese and Praline Ice Cream, softened
- 1 pint Chocolate Ice Cream, softened
- 2 cups Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 2 cups Chocolate Sauce
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk and 2 teaspoons of the butter over medium-low heat. With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whip, beat the eggs and 1 cup of the sugar on medium-high speed in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is pale yellow and thick and has tripled in volume, about 8 minutes. With the mixer on low, beat in the warm milk mixture.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt together in a medium-size mixing bowl. Fold into the egg mixture and blend thoroughly until smooth. Add the vanilla and mix gently.
- Grease a 17 x 12-inch baking pan (or jelly-roll pan) with 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Bake until the cake springs back when touched, about 15 minutes. Cool for about 2 minutes, then gently flip it out onto a large wire rack or a large piece of parchment paper. Let cool completely.
- Place a 1 1/2-quart mixing bowl upside down on the sponge cake. Using a knife, cut out the shape of the bowl, discarding the trimmings. Line the mixing bowl with plastic wrap. Spoon and spread the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl evenly, about 3 inches deep, with the coffee ice cream. Place the bowl in the freezer and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Spread the Creole cream cheese ice cream evenly over the bottom and the sides, about 3 inches deep. Place the bowl in the freezer and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Fill the center of the bowl with the chocolate ice cream. Place the circle of sponge cake on top of the filled bowl. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, place in the freezer, and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and remove the plastic wrap. Unmold onto a large serving platter. Garnish the mold with the whipped cream. Slice into serving pieces, drizzle with the chocolate sauce, sprinkle with confectionersí sugar, and serve.
Creole Cream Cheese And Praline Ice Cream
Hello Dolly Ice Cream Sandwich
Chicory Coffee Ice Cream
Chocolate Ice Cream
Emerilís Profiteroles With Fresh Coconut Ice Cream
Fresh Coconut Ice Cream
Ice Cream Bomb
Peppermint And Chocolate Ice Cream Bomb
Cinnamon Rum Raisin Ice Cream With Fried Plantains And Spun Sugar
Boston Cream Pie