- 4 untreated cedar shingles, about 5 1/2 X 10 inches each
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 rib eye steaks, about 1 inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Rustic Rub
- 4 teaspoons Green JalapeÒo Sauce or
- Tabasco Brand JalapeÒo Sauce
- 1 large bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced;
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Prepare a grill and light the fire.
- Rub 1 side of each shingle with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Place the steaks on the planks and flatten them out with the heel of your hand. Season each steak with 1/2 teaspoon rub. Spread each steak with 1 teaspoon jalapeÒo sauce. Combine the bell pepper and onion in a bowl and season with the salt and cayenne.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and top each steak with a portion.
- When the grill is hot, place the planks in the center. Close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes for rare, 14 to 16 minutes for medium-rare. Remove the planks from the grill using a long-handled spatula. If the plank catches fire, douse it with a little water.
- Serve the steaks on the planks in the center of large plates.
Fillet Steaks And Ratatouille
Round Steak And Onions
Steak In Creole Mustard Sauce
Chicken And Dumplings
Eggplant And Shrimp Bake
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Pork Chops And Sweet Potato Gravy
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter
Stewed Chicken And Sausage