- 1 cup whole sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 3/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 1/2 cups cubed white bread, crusts removed, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 12 cups loosely packed assorted baby greens
- 3/4 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons alfalfa or broccoli sprouts
- Dash of Emeril's Original Essence for taste
- Place tomatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 2 minutes, or until plumped and tender. Remove saucepan from the heat and drain off the water. Heat the 3/4 cup olive oil, rosemary, thyme, and garlic in a separate small saucepan, just until warmed through. Pour warm oil and herbs over the drained tomatoes. Cool and place tomatoes, oil, and herbs in a non-reactive container, in the refrigerator until ready to use. These will keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat. Season croutons generously with Essence and toss to coat. Place croutons on a small baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until croutons are completely crisp. Cool completely.
- To assemble the salads, place lettuce and cheese in a large mixing bowl. Remove several tomatoes from the oil and julienne about 6 tablespoonfuls. Add the tomatoes to the lettuce. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the lettuce, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Divide the salad equally among 6 salad plates. Place 4 to 5 croutons on each plate and top each salad with 1 tablespoon of the sprouts. Serve immediately.
Grilled Flat-iron Steak With Avocado, Tomato, And Red Onion Salad
Fennel Seared Swordfish With Smoked Tomato Butter, Yukon Hash And Bottarga Citrus Salad
Avocado, Tomato, And Red Onion Salad
Mixed Green Salad With Popcorn Rock Shrimp
Salad Of New Potatoes And Roasted Walnuts With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Caramelized Salmon With Cilantro Potato Salad
Goat Cheese And Leek Cake With Lentil Salad
Tempura Soft Shells With Oriental Salad And Citrus Gastrique