- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Creole mustard or other whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¾ cup canola or vegetable oil
Combine the Dijon, Creole mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small nonreactive mixing bowl and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. While continuing to whisk, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until it is completely incorporated and the sauce is smooth, thick and glossy.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 weeks.