- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice plus 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 8 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier or other orange flavored liquor
- crushed ice
- sparkling sugar for rimming the glass
Rub the rim of 4 rocks glasses with a lime wedge. Swirl the rim through a small pile of sparkling, sanding sugar and transfer the glasses to the freezer.
In a cocktail shaker muddle the blueberries, lime juice and zest and mint until the blueberries are pulverized. Add the tequila, simple syrup, Grand Marnier and ice to the shaker. Shake vigorously until well chilled.
Remove the glasses from the freezer, fill half-way with crushed ice. Strain the margarita into the glasses and serve with a sprig of mint and a slice of lime.
- Source: Emeril's Test Kitchen 
- Dish Type: Beverage/Alcoholic 
- Cuisine: Contemporary American 
- Occasion: Cocktail Party 
- Effort Level: Simple