- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced Kalamata olives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 pound buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- Add the balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced to ¼ cup, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a mixing bowl and combine with the garlic, parsley, capers, olives, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the tomato slices, mozzarella slices and the basil in and overlapping pattern on a serving plate and drizzle with the olive mixture and additional freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle the reduced balsamic over the top. Set aside for flavors to meld or serve immediately.
- Source: Eat the World 
- Dish Type: Salads 
- Cuisine: Italian 
- Occasion: Any 
- Effort Level: Simple