- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large (16/20 count) shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence 
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons capers, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked linguini plus 1/2 cup reserved cooking water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with the Essence.
Place the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp and spread them out evenly in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes and then quickly turn the shrimp to the other side. Add the garlic and capers to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine, lemon juice, and remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter to the skillet and cook for 1 1/2 minutes longer. Season with the salt and pepper and add the pasta and reserved cooking liquid, tossing to coat well. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the parsley. Garnish with the Parmesan cheese and serve hot.