- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces hot sausage, removed from its casings and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons Essence 
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes for dry pasta. Drain in a colander. Return to the pot and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cover and keep warm while finishing the recipe.
While the pasta is cooking, in a large saute pan, cook the sausage over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour off the fat from the pan.
Heat the oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and shallots and cook, stirring, until just soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, green onions, and 1 tablespoon of the Essence, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Deglaze with white wine and cook until almost completely reduced. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of the Essence. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are just pink, about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and cream and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring until starting to thicken, about 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta, cheese, and parsley, and toss to combine. Cook until the pasta is heated through and well coated, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
Divide among 4 pasta bowls, garnish with additional chopped green onions, and serve.
- Source: Emeril Live EM1E53e 
- Dish Type: Entree 
- Cuisine: Cajun/Creole 
- Cooking Method: Combination 
- Occasion: Any 
- Effort Level: Simple