- 1 pound baby leeks, cleaned
- Drizzle olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4 to 6 ounces) pompano fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat, picked over for cartilage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, green part only
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- EMERILíS CREOLE SEASONING:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound butter, cold and cubed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Season the leeks with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Season both sides of the pompano fillets with Creole seasoning. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the fillets. Cook on 1 side, flip over and remove from the heat. In a mixing bowl, combine the crabmeat, green onions, garlic, mayonnaise, and bread crumbs. Season with Creole seasoning and mix well. Spread a quarter of the crab filling over each fillet. Place in the oven and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- For the sauce: In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the shallots, garlic and wine. Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Whisk in the butter, 1 cube at a time, until all of the butter is Incorporated and the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley and mix well.
- To serve, lay the fillets in the center of each serving plate. Place the baby leeks around the fillets. Drizzle the sauce over the entire plate. Garnish with parsley.
- EMERIL’S CREOLE SEASONING: Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Yield: 2/3 cup