- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 3 onions, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Once hot, cover bottom of pan with half the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Dot with half the butter and repeat so all the potatoes and butter are used. Cook until potatoes begin to brown on the bottom, 10 to 15 minutes. Add onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until onions and potatoes are cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Toss together.
- Using a spatula, gently lift potatoes out of pan and place on a serving platter. Garnish with parsley.
Simple Dijon Vinaigrette
Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce
Classic Mignonette For Oysters On The Half Shell
Leek And Bacon Quiche
Classic Moules Marinieres with Pommes Frites