1. In a small bowl, combine the bell pepper, jalapeño, green onion, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, the Worcestershire sauce, and the hot sauce. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the all purpose flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and cayenne and mix well. Stir in the milk and eggs. Fold in the bell pepper mixture and the crabmeat. Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 350°F. Preheat the oven to 250°F. Position a wire rack over a paper-towel-lined baking sheet.
4. Combine the instant flour and the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish or baking pan.
5. Using a small ice cream scoop or a measuring spoon and working in batches, drop 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of the
beignet batter into the instant flour and toss to coat. Gently drop the beignets into the fryer. Do not overcrowd the fryer. Cook the beignets until golden brown, about 2
minutes per side. Drain the beignets on the wire rack. Repeat with the remaining beignet batter, keeping the drained cooked beignets warm in the oven.
6. Serve the beignets immediately, with tartar sauce or rémoulade sauce.
Yield: 36 Beignets