- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, grated
- One-fourth cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- One-fourth teaspoon almond extract
- 7 tablespoons sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely ground almonds
- Melt the grated chocolate with the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the cream and almond extract. Gradually stir in the sugar and almonds and cook until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator and hand-roll into individual teaspoon-sized balls. Roll the balls in cocoa or ground almonds. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.