With more Americans cooking at home, rather than dining out or ordering in, we are always looking for quick tips, new recipes and simple techniques to create healthful meals for the family on the go. Whatever the amount of time you have, there’s a delicious recipe that will fit your schedule.
In his latest cookbook, Emeril: 20-40-60: FRESH FOOD FAST, Lagasse divides his recipes into three sections based on the amount of time they will take you to prepare.
In under 20 minutes you can make:
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Balsamic Marinated Cremini Mushrooms
- Glazed Radishes with Tarragon
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
In under 40 minutes you can make:
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Bacon Braised Green Beans
- Skillet Corn Cakes with Stewed Cherries
And if you have a whole hour, you can go slow-and-easy:
- Seared Salmon with Lentils
- Roast Turkey Breast with Bacon and Sage
Emeril shares a few of his favorite recipes from the book including Pressed Roast Turkey, Pesto and Provolone Sandwiches and Boneless Pork Chops Parmigiana. When added to his signature side dishes like Sautéed Yellow Squash with Carrots and Tarragon or Bacon Braised Green Beans, you can make any meal a special feast and enjoy fresh food fast.