NEW ORLEANS, LA (June 1, 2004) – Emeril’s Delmonico celebrates his sixth anniversary today. Delmonico, an icon in the New Orleans restaurant industry, has been in business since 1895. In 1997, Chef Emeril Lagasse became the owner of the two-story Garden District building and began an extensive historic renovation, honoring the heritage of the building, and embracing the restaurant’s history. On June 1, 1998, the restaurant opened its doors on St. Charles Avenue as Emeril’s Delmonico.
The menu at Emeril’s Delmonico is Classic New Orleans Creole, reinvented for the contemporary palette. Menu items include appetizers such as the Flash-Fried Calamari with Creole Mustard-Sherry Butter, Shaved Prosciutto and Parmesan Cheese; entrees such as the Grilled 8 oz. Steak Burger with Caramelized Onions, Apple Bacon and Sharp Cheddar Cheese Served with Pomme Frites and Emeril’s Homemade Worcestershire Sauce; and desserts such as the Hot Double Chocolate Praline Pie with Candied Louisiana Pecans.