- 4 1/2 pounds beef short ribs, thinly sliced for Korean Barbecue
- Korean BBQ Marinade
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- <b>Cucumber Kimchee:
- 4 Kirby cucumbers
- 4 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper, ground or chili garlic sauce
- Prepare ribs according to photo below. Place the ribs in one layer in a large non-reactive baking dish, pour in the Korean BBQ Marinade, and turn the ribs to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Marinate for 2 to 8 hours (longer makes the ribs too salty).
- Prepare an outdoor grill with a high-heat fire.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade. Brush the grill grate lightly with oil. Place the ribs on the grill meaty side down and cook, turning as needed, until well browned but still pink inside, about 10 to 12 minutes. Set ribs aside to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with Cucumber Kimchee.
- Cucumber Kimchee: A day before serving, cut the cucumbers into half moons. Mix the scallions, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt, and red pepper and stuff about a tablespoon of the mixture into each cucumber. Put the cucumbers in a small non-reactive baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
Korean Bbq Marinade
Swordfish With Fennel-saffron Compote
Bone-in Rib-eye Steak With Marchand Du Vin Sauce
Beef Short Ribs With Cheddar Polenta
Backyard Barbecued Chicken With Homemade Bbq Sauce
Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Homemade Bbq Sauce, Cole Slaw And Fried Pickles
Asian Style Braised Short Ribs
Baby Back Ribs With Coffee Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
Pork Spare Ribs With Southwestern Barbecue Sauce