- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken, finely shredded while warm
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion tops, green part only
- 3/4 cup dried fine bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Tangy Remoulade Sauce
- Melt the butter in a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft and slightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and the cayenne. Cook for 1 minute longer. Remove the pan from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cooled vegetables, green onions, 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, mayonnaise, eggs, and Creole mustard. Season mixture with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper and mix well. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions, about 1/4 cup each, and form them into round 1/2-inch thick cakes or patties.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs in a shallow dish and dredge each cake in the bread crumbs, pressing gently to coat. Place cakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large saute pan with high sides heat the vegetable oil to 360 degrees F. Gently lay the chilled cakes in the oil, 3 to 4 at a time, and fry until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove cakes with a slotted spatula and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with the Tangy Remoulade Sauce.
Tangy Remoulade Sauce
Smoked Salmon Cakes With A Warm Fire Roasted Remoulade And Sweet Potato Nests
Celery Root French Fries With Remoulade Dipping Sauce
Hearts Of Palm Strudel With Remoulade Sauce
Rock Shrimp Cones With Creole Remoulade Sauce
Fried Rock Shrimp With Two Remoulade Sauces
Saute Of Shrimp Over Fried Green Tomatoes With Warm Remoulade Sauce
Crawfish Cakes With Chipotle Tartar Sauce
Lobster Potato Cakes With Poached Eggs And American Sauce
Smoked Salmon Cakes With Lemon Dill Sauce