- *1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- Combine the egg, lemon juice, lime juice, mustard, and onions in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process on high speed until smooth. With the machine running, slowly add the oil in a steady steam, and continue to process until an emulsion has formed. Add the pepper sauce, salt, and cayenne and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a decorative bowl and chill for 1 hour before serving.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of foodborne illness. Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell…"
Catfish Beignets With Spicy Lemon Tartar Sauce
Pan Fried Pass Manchac Catfish With Spicy Tartar Sauce And Hush Puppies
Spicy Tartar Sauce
Spicy Fried Smelts With Creole Lemon Tartar Sauce
Tempura Stone Crabs With Lemon, Black Pepper Tartar Sauce
Creole Mustard Sauce
Catfish Sauce Piquante Served Over Giant Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Lemon Black Pepper Tartar Sauce
Tempura Stone Crab Claws With Lemon Black Pepper Tartar Sauce
Fried Smelts With Tartar Sauce