- 1 pound rock shrimp, shells and heads removed, and thawed if frozen
- 1/3 cup Essence
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup masa harina corn flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chiffonade mesclun greens, or other lettuces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- White Remoulade Sauce
- Red Remoulade Sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk with 1/4 cup Essence. Place the shrimp in the buttermilk mixture and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the masa harina and flour with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Essence. In a pot, heat the oil to 360 degrees F. Dredge the marinated shrimp in the flour mixture and shake the pieces in a strainer to remove any excess.
- Carefully slip the shrimp into the hot oil, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the greens with the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Divide among 4 plates. Arrange the shrimp on the greens and drizzle with the 2 remoulades, passing additional sauce tableside. Garnish with parsley.
Rock Shrimp Cones With Creole Remoulade Sauce
Saute Of Shrimp Over Fried Green Tomatoes With Warm Remoulade Sauce
White Remoulade Sauce
Red Remoulade Sauce
Fried Green Tomatoes With Rock Shrimp Salad
A Creole Fried Shrimp Salad With Vidalia Onions, A Classic Remoulade Dressing And Pickled Okra
Black Bean Cakes With Sauteed Rock Shrimp And Mole Sauce
Rock Shrimp Quesadillas With A Cantaloupe, Berry And Peach Salsa
Grilled Shrimp Boudin With Crispy Mirlitons And A Classic Remoulade Sauce
Creole Spiced Shrimp With Old Fashioned Remoulade