- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 pounds summer squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 16 small pappadams (lentil wafers)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, seeded cucumbers
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large, heavy pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, curry powder, salt, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 45 seconds. Add the squash and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the squash is soft, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- With a hand-held immersion blender, puree on high speed. Add the cream, stir, and adjust the seasoning, to taste. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until well chilled.
- Preheat the fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Fry the pappadams in batches until golden and crisp, about 1 1/2 minutes each. Drain on paper towels. To serve, ladle the soup into shallow bowls. Sprinkle the cucumbers and cilantro over the top and garnish with pappadams.
Tempura Squash Blossom And Crab Packages With Hoisin Butter Sauce
Thai Curry And Shrimp Soup
Smoked Sausage, Butternut Squash And Wild Rice Soup
Butternut Squash And Italian Sausage Soup
Zucchini, Sausage, And Shrimp Torte
Basic Sweet Piecrust
Winter Squash Chowder
Butternut Squash, Sausage, And Wild Rice Soup