- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons Essence
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 (6-ounce) trout fillets
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus 6 tablespoons, cut into pieces
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Herb Nage
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour with 1 tablespoon of Essence. In another shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season both sides of each fish with the remaining 2 teaspoons of Essence.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Dredge the fillets in the flour, coating evenly. Dip the fillets in the egg mixture. Dredge again in the flour, shaking to remove any excess. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the fillets and pan fry until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a warm platter.
- Discard any oil remaining in the skillet and wipe clean with paper towels. Return the skillet to the stove. Over medium heat-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter foams, add the pecans and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and cream, and cook, whisking, for 15 seconds. Remove from the heat. Add the salt and cayenne. Return to low heat and whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, adding each piece before the previous one has been completely incorporated. Continue until all the butter is incorporated and the sauce coats the back of a spoon, removing the pan from the heat to prevent the sauce from getting too hot and breaking. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, place the fillets on dinner plates and spoon the sauce on top. Place Herb Nage next to trout fillets.
Trout Amandine With Creole Meuniere Sauce
Pecan Crusted Trigger Fish With A Roasted Pecan Vegetable Relish, Meuniere Sauce And A Pile Of Shoestring Potatoes
Andouille Crusted Redfish With A Roasted Pecan Vegetable Relish, Meuniere Sauce And A Pile Of Shoestring Potatoes
Trout A La Meuniere
Baked Sea Trout With Green Market Potatoes And Vegetables With Green Garlic Lovage Sauce
Pan Seared Trout With Anchovy Sauce
"oat Cuisine" Horseradish Crusted Salmon Trout With Whole Grain Mustard Cream Sauce
Pork Medallions In Mustard Green Peppercorn Cream Sauce
Herb Stuffed Roasted Chicken With Reduced Pan Gravy, And Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas
Pan Fried Quail With Country Milk Gravy And Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes