- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Essence
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped tasso or ham
- 1/4 cup minced cheddar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- Home Fries
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, Essence, salt, pepper, and cayenne until frothy.
- In an 8-inch non-stick skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the tasso, and cook until the fat is rendered and just brown, about 2 minutes. Add the onions, peppers, chilies and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir lightly until just set on the bottom. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese and sour cream across the omelet, and shake the pan to loosen the eggs around the edges. When the eggs are nearly completely set but still slightly soft, hold the pan in one hand, and with a flick of the wrist, flip and fold one-third of the omelet toward the center.
- Turn out onto a plate, folding the omelet onto itself into thirds. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of cheese and green onions over the top and serve with Home Fries. Serve immediately.
Down Home Chili
Double Chili Cheeseburger With Griddled Onions
Artichoke, Brie, And Crabmeat Omelets With Lemon Creme Fraiche And Caviar
Turbo Dog Chicken With Home Fries
Home-ground Buffalo Burgers With Bacon, Cheese And Fresh Thyme
Crab Meat Omelet With Tasso Hollandaise
Nashville Fried Catfish With Fried Pickles
Waffle Iron Reuben Sandwich