- 8 slices good quality smoked salmon (each slice about 3 1/2 by 7 inches)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 9 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces caviar
- Dill sprigs, for garnish
- 1/4 red onion, chopped, for garnish
- 6 slices brioche or homemade-style white bread, lightly toasted, buttered, and cut into triangles with crusts removed
- Lay 1 slice of salmon in the center of 4 plates. Lay a second slice of salmon across the first to form an "x."
- In a small bowl, whisk together the creme fraiche, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs. Add the cream, salt, and pepper, and whisk until very frothy. Add the 2 tablespoons of the chopped chives and the parsley, and whisk to blend.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the eggs, and cook, stirring constantly, until fluffy and barely set, removing the pan from the heat occasionally to prevent from overcooking. Remove the pan from the heat when almost completely set and stir gently.
- Spoon the eggs into the center of the smoked salmon packages. Bring up the sides of the salmon to completely enclose the eggs. Drizzle each package with 2 tablespoons of the lemon creme fraiche and sprinkle with the remaining chopped chives. Top with caviar, garnish with dill sprigs and red onion, and arrange 3 toast triangles on each plate. Serve immediately.
Artichoke, Brie And Crabmeat Omelets With Lemon Creme Fraiche And Caviar
Smoked Salmon And Potato Hash With Poached Eggs
Smoked Salmon Potato Hash With Poached Eggs And Caviar
Smoked Salmon Souffles With Dilly Egg Sauce And Caviar
Artichoke, Brie, And Crabmeat Omelets With Lemon Creme Fraiche And Caviar
Scallop And Truffle Mille-feuille With Meyer Lemon Creme Fraiche And Truffle Vinaigrette
Portuguese Influenced Scrambled Eggs With Salt Cod, Onions And Potatoes
Chile Scrambled Eggs With Fried Oysters And Emeril's Pico De Gallo
Smoked Salmon Eggs Over Potato Cakes
Creative Egg (baked Potato With Poached Egg And Smoked Salmon)