- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 20 wonton skins
- 4 cups Shrimp Stock
- 2 cups Stir Fried Sesame Vegetables
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the onions, garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in 1/4 cup green onions and the cilantro, stir-fry for 1 minute, and remove from the heat.
- Turn the skillet mixture into a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of the sesame oli, the sesame seeds, egg, soy sauce, Worcestershire, orange zest, cayenne, salt, and pepper and stir well. Makes 2 cups.
- Place the wonton skins on a clean counter and brush just the top side with water. Mound 1 tablespoon of the filling in the middle of each skin. Bring up the corners to the center and twist, sealing the edges with water.
- Combine the stock with the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large saucepan or soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Slip the dumplings into the boiling stock, reduce to a simmer, and poach the dumplings until theyíre tender, for about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. (Youíll probably have to poach the dumplings in 2 batches.)
- While the dumplings are poaching, prepare the Stir-Fried Sesame Vegetables.
- To serve, mound 1/2 cup of the Stir-Fried Sesame Vegetables on each 4 plates. Arrange 5 dumplings around the vegetables and spoon about 1/4 cup of the broth over them. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the remaining chopped green onions.
- Note: Wonton skins can be bought in many supermarkets and specialty food stores.
Stir Fry Of Sesame Ginger Crawfish Over Fried Pasta
Stir Fried Sesame Vegetables
Tipsy Snapper With Ginger Sake Sauce And Fried Arugula
Smoked Duck Stew With Smoked Duck Dumplings
Crawfish Egg Rolls With Hot Sesame Drizzle
Tempura Chicken Fingers With Plum Sauce And Ginger Stir Fried Vegetables
Crab Stuffed Shrimp With Tomato Butter And White Bean Relish
Roasted Shrimp With Saffron Potatoes And Tomato Mirliton Relish
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Shrimp Stuffed Flounder With Sauce Piquante