- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 teaspoons salt
- One 3 1/2-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces (or 8 chicken parts of your choosing)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 3/4 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of the Essence, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a large (1-gallon) plastic storage bag. Add the chicken pieces, seal, and gently squeeze to coat the chicken evenly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a heavy baking sheet with the olive oil and set aside.
- Pulse the pecans in a food processor or blender until finely chopped into a meal.
- Combine the ground pecans, the flour, the remaining 2 tablespoons Essence and 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in another large plastic bag.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk mixture. Add the chicken one piece at a time to the pecan-flour mixture, and shake to coat evenly. Put the chicken skin side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken for 30 minutes, then turn it. Return to the oven and bake until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Serve hot, or let cool to room temperature.
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish
Linguica Crusted Redfish With Portuguese Olive Tomato Sauce
Emerilís Chicken Potpies
Garlic Schmeared Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Hilda's Stewed Chicken
Tangerine Glazed Roasted Chicken
Wild Pecan Rice Dressing
Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust
Pecan Crusted Southern Fried Chicken