- 6 ounces fresh foie gras
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 cups 1-inch cubes day-old French bread (about half of a large loaf)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Cut the foie gras into 1/2-inch cubes. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Whisk the eggs and cream in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 1/4 teaspoons of the salt, the pepper, and nutmeg and whisk to blend. Add the bread cubes and press them down to submerge them in the mixture. Let stand until the bread absorbs most of the liquid, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350?F. Butter an 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish with 1 teaspoon of the butter and set aside.
- Unwrap the foie gras and season with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the foie gras and cook, turning often, until just seared, no more than 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a platter.
- Add the onions to the fat in the hot skillet and season with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until deeply golden, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool until the onions are lukewarm, about 10 minutes.
- Stir the foie gras and onions into the bread and cream mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Cut the remaining 2 tablespoons butter into thin slivers and dot the top of the bread pudding with it.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Scoop onto plates to serve.
Caramelized Onion And Fois Gras Bread Pudding
Andouille Bread Pudding
Caramelized Onion And Parmesan Cheese Soup With Parmesan Cheese Toasts
Cherry And White Chocolate Bread Pudding
Roasted Chicken With Caramelized Onions, Andouille And Sweet Corn Bread Pudding With Southern Cooked Greens
Barbecued Quail With Andouille Bread Pudding
Seared Duck With Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding
Cured Salmon And Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad With Blood Orange Gastrique
Grape Tomato, Arugula, And Red Onion Salad