- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 large Idaho potato, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green part only)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into small dice
- 4 cups assorted baby greens, such as romaine, frisÈe, red oak leaf, and/or radicchio
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large, heavy pot or an electric fryer, heat the vegetable oil (about 4 inches) to 360ºF.
- Using a mandoline fitted with the crisscross blade, cut the potatoes lengthwise into thin wafflelike chips. Fry the potatoes in batches until golden brown, about 2 minutes, then drain on paper towels, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the egg, both onions, celery, garlic, horseradish, mustard, ketchup, parsley, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and process until smooth. With the machine running, pour the olive oil in a steady stream through the feed tube. The mixture will thicken. Season again with salt and pepper. Toss one-half of the mixture with the lobster meat in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- In another medium-size mixing bowl. Toss the greens with the extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, mound the greens in the center of 4 serving plates. Arrange the potatoes around the greens, then top with a spoonful or two of the lobster rémoulade. Garnish with the goat cheese.
- The remaining half of the pre-lobster rémoulade can be reserved (refrigerated) and used as a dipping sauce for fried or boiled seafood, or tossed with lump crabmeat.
Potato Crusted Lobster Tails On A Bed Of Crawfish Mashed Potatoes
Stuffed Morels With Crawfish Remoulade
Potato Gaufrettes With Lobster Ravigote
Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Remoulade Dipping Sauce
Caramelized Salmon With Cilantro Potato Salad
Gaufrette Potatoes Topped With Cilantro Cream
Emeril's Potato Truffle Charlotte
Lobster Cheesecake With Christmas Caviar Sauce
Crispy Fish With Salsify, Celery Root And Fennel Slaw And Parsnip Creamed Potatoes