- 3 1/2 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed of fat
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped and seeded
- Vine-ripened tomato
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 cups vegetable oil
- 16 small flour tortillas
- Corn and Goat Queso
- Creole Tomato Salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Season the pork with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper. Put it in a shallow roasting pan and roast for 1 1/2 hours. Reduce the oven temperature to 350?F and roast until very tender, about another 2 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and let cool. Remove the fat, then shred.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the tomato, garlic, and beef broth and cook for 3 minutes. Add the pork and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the avocados with the lime juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In a large, heavy pot or an electric deep-fryer, heat the vegetable oil to 360?F.
- To assemble the flautas, spoon about 2 tablespoons of the filling into the center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly and secure with 2 toothpicks. Fry the filled tortillas, 4 at a time, in the hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, spoon the queso over the bottom on a large serving platter. Arrange the flautas over the sauce, spoon the salsa over the flautas, and garnish with the avocados.
Shredded Pork Flautas With Roasted Tomatillo Salsa And Corn And Goat's Cheese Queso
Corn And Goat Queso
Shredded Pork Taquitos With Roasted Tomatillo Salsa And Corn And Goat Cheese Queso
Braised Cabbage With Corn Beef Hash
Pan Seared Escolar With Crabmeat And Chanterelles
Poached Trout With Lemon Butter Sauce And Parsley Potatoes
Goat Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Shrimp And Corn Salad
Pork Sausage And Cheese Omelette
Roasted Pork And French Fry Poorboy