- 4 medium sweet potatoes, baked and peeled (about 2 pounds)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Steenís 100% Pure Cane Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mash the potatoes in a mixing bowl, until smooth. Add the eggs and milk and mix well. Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, 1/2 cup of the pecans, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, syrup, salt, vanilla, and bourbon. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 1 1/2-quart round baking dish.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup pecans and the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar with the butter and mix well. Dot the top of the potato mixture with spoonsful of the butter mixture. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve hot.