- SPICY SUGAR GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Steenís 100% Pure Cane Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cured ham (about 14 pounds)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended. Allow to stand for at least 1 hour before using.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Remove the ham skin with a sharp knife. Trim the fat to a thickness of 1/4 to 1/8 inch and score it by making long vertical and horizontal cuts. Place the ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover loosely with aluminum and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the foil. Spoon 3/4 cup of the glaze over the top of the ham. Return to the oven; bake 30 minutes. Spoon remaining 3/4 cup glaze over the ham. Bake about 1 hour, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Raise the oven heat to 425ºF. and bake for about 15 minutes, to crisp the top of the ham. Remove from the oven and let rest for about 15 minutes before carving.
- Place the ham on a platter, fat side up, and cut into thin slices. It’s best to carve from the smaller end to the wider section. And remember, the ham bone is great for flavoring soups!
Shrimp And Ham Jambalaya
Ham Hock And Cabbage Soup
Chicken And Dumplings
Eggplant And Shrimp Bake
Fillet Steaks And Ratatouille
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Pork Chops And Sweet Potato Gravy
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Round Steak And Onions
Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter