- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 4 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound fresh cayenne peppers (about 60)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine the garlic and vinegar in a small bowl and let sit for 24 hours. Drain off the vinegar.
- Combine the garlic, olive oil, whole peppers, cayenne, and salt in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let steep for 45 minutes.
- Pour half of the oil into a food processor with half of the peppers and half of the garlic slices and process until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Sterilize a quart-size bottle or jar. Place the remaining peppers and garlic in the container. Pour in the pureed mixture and the remaining oil. Cool and secure with an airtight lid. Store in the refrigerator for 2 weeks before using. Will keep for 1 month in the refrigerator.
Beef Tenderloin With Fresh Horseradish And Black Pepper Crust
Roasted Pepper Ketchup
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Andouille Crusted Oysters With Spinach Coulis
Assorted Cheese Plate
Chicken And Andouille Strudel With Sweet Barbecue Sauce
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes
Crabmeat Gratinee With Champagne Vanilla Sabayon
Gravlax With Christmas Caviar Sauce